It’s the use of the split-screen (a common tool on cable news shout-fest shows like The OÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Reilly Factor) that pushed Rosie over the edge, according to Kathy Griffin and several coded responses on the comedianÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s own blog.
GriffinÃ¢â‚¬â€a friend of RosieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s who co-hosted the show on ThursdayÃ¢â‚¬â€apparently went out with Ro on Friday night and later dished about it during her stand-up gig at the Borgata in Atlantic City.
According to People.com the red-haired flame-thrower told the crowd:
<blockquote><div>I tell you who I got a call from [on Friday]. ‘Hey Kath. It’s Ro. What are you doing? Wanna hang out?’ I spent the whole day with Rosie! How about that!?’ </div></blockquote>
OÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Donnell told Griffin it was the split screen that pissed her off most.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I don’t want to do Hannity and Colmes,” Griffin says she told her.
On her blog over the weekend, OÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Donnell took some jibes at the show in responses to questions from readers. Here are a few highlights:
<blockquote><div>Question: Did you get along with Bill Geddes [the showÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s executive producer]?
Rosie: not really</div></blockquote>
She also called the use of the split screen Ã¢â‚¬Å“below my standardsÃ¢â‚¬? and agreed with a reader who said the tactic seemed Ã¢â‚¬Å“sweepish.Ã¢â‚¬? Rosie later suggested there was an Ã¢â‚¬Å“agendaÃ¢â‚¬? behind the decision.
And when one reader wrote: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Do you feel exploited by the show? I get the feeling there was more than just the fight with EH. U brought up ratings, the EPs made money. EH didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t conrol [sic] the split screen. Thoughts?Ã¢â‚¬? Rosie responded simply: Ã¢â‚¬Å“ding ding dingÃ¢â‚¬?
Finally she took a swipe at her three co-hosts. One emailer said:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Rosie- HOW BAD DO YOU HATE IT WHEN THE 3 OTHERS LOOK AT THE SCREEN BEHIND THEM INSTEAD OF THE MONITOR ON THE VIEW LOLÃ¢â‚¬Â¦I crack up every time I see you cringe when they did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ã¢â‚¬?
Rosie responded: Ã¢â‚¬Å“tv production 101Ã¢â‚¬?
Here are a final few questions I have:
* For anyone who watched The View yesterday (which was pre-taped), you probably noticed Rosie offering her Miami home to Elisabeth and her family for a week Ã¢â‚¬Å“as a birthday presentÃ¢â‚¬?Ã¢â‚¬â€Hasselbeck turned 30 yesterday. I wonder if the offer is still on the table?
* On todayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s show, was Barbara wearing black because she was in mourning? And when she said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been a hot show for ten years and weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be a hot show for many [more] yearsÃ¢â‚¬? did it strike anyone else as maybe a little too forced?
* Will the show steer away from politics now?
* Will Kathy Griffin replace Rosie next year?
* How long before they book Trump on the show?
(AP Photo/ABC, Heidi Gutman)